Want to work with us?
We are currently looking for our Latin American Film Festival Coordinator.
Position: LAFF Coordinator
Contract Term: Desired 26 Weeks
Start Date: January 8, 2019
End Date: July 5, 2019
Summary: The Latin American Film Festival is one Ottawa's most eagerly anticipated cultural film events featuring Ottawa premieres found on the screens of such festivals as Cannes, Berlin, Toronto, and Chicago. The work screened celebrates the rich and diverse cultures of Latin America and brings the Latin community together. Work with the Film Festival Coordinator and CFI Development Manager to organize the famous LAFF launch party Fiesta Latina and assist with all aspects of running this lively event.
Office Location : The Arts Court Market Area
• Research suppliers and potential partners for the Fiesta Latina.
• Organize the logistics for Fiesta Latina.
• Assist with social media for LAFF.
• Assist with media relations for LAFF.
• Take on front of house roles at LAFF.
• Assist with general office duties such as answering inquiries via email and telephone.
• Ensure the office is well organized, clean and free of clutter
• Assist with receiving and shipping packages
• Update the organization’s website
• Direct all inter-office communications
• Work with other staff and take on other appropriate projects
• Assist with volunteers
Skills and Abilities
· Excellent communication and people skills
· Good organizational skills / able to work in a busy environment
· Attention to detail and accuracy are a MUST
· Spanish and/or French is an asset
· Social media skills are a plus.
· Experience working with cash, sales and customer service
· Able to consistently meet deadlines
· Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office, database and Internet programs
· You are eligible to participate in Ontario’s Job Creation Partnership (JCP) program by meeting the following criteria:
o You are a resident, living in Ontario
o You are not a full time student (part time student is allowable)
o You are not leaving employment to participate; you can continue with part time work up to 20 hrs/week
o You also must meet at least one of the following criteria:
§ Previously employed in Canada in any five of the last ten years and earned income in excess of $2000, OR
§ Previously established a Service Canada Employment Insurance benefit claim: regular benefits within the last three years or maternity/parental within the last five years
Learning Opportunities and Additional Benefits
· Work behind the scenes of a dynamic, local film festival
· Take your office and organizational skills to the next level.
· Lynda.com courses on office software and other position related topics.
· Complimentary tickets and passes to the OIAF
· Latin American community
· Diplomatic community
· Local media
· Local film community
What is offered?
Incumbents are offered positions of 30 hours per week (4 days per week) and are provided a payment of $423 per week ($14.10 per hour) by the Province of Ontario.
TO APPLY: Forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note, only selected candidates who meet the JCP eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview; applicants must indicate how they meet the eligibility in their email and/or cover letter. To learn more about the JCP program, please click here.