The Canadian Film Institute relies on a dedicated team of staff and volunteers to ensure our events run smoothly and successfully. Volunteers are occasionally needed for such tasks as:
- in-office sorting and filing
- writing and research
- on-site box office and ushering
- set up and break down during special events
- greeting and serving patrons
More than 200 volunteers assist operations during the Ottawa International Animation Festival (OIAF). Those who volunteer at the Animation Festival for 8 hours or more are eligible to receive a complimentary pass to all OIAF screenings. More information can be found on the official website for the OIAF, animationfestival.ca.
How do I apply to be a volunteer?
Fill out the form on this page as thoroughly as possible and click submit! You will receive an email confirmation that your application has been received.
What are the basic requirements to be a volunteer?
- An age of 15 years or older.
- A friendly and professional demeanour
- Fluency in English (with French being very beneficial)
- A willingness and ability to follow directions
- A commitment to refrain from alcohol use while on duty
- A commitment to refrain from use or possession of illegal substances on site
- A readiness to have fun and make it a great festival for one and all!
I've submitted an application, what happens next?
Our volunteer coordinator will be in touch to schedule your shifts based on your availability.
what are the time commitments required of volunteers?
Volunteer shifts vary from festival to festival, depending on the position you are scheduled for. Time commitments will be discussed with the volunteer coordinator on a case-by-case basis. We ask that volunteers arrive 15-20 minutes before a shift to get settled and receive direction from the volunteer coordinator.